TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Children age 2 and up count as occupants and extra person fees may apply. Do not include children under age 2 when making your reservation. The definition of "occupant" and maximum occupancy is defined and set forth by the Minnesota Department of Health and the Fire Marshal, not our business.
- Please keep in mind that each property has a maximum occupancy that cannot be exceeded.
- The maximum occupancy of our homes is determined by the BTB. Exceeding the maximum number of guests is grounds for immediate termination without refund. Children under age 2 do not count toward maximum occupancy. Housing additional guests in sleeping bags, tents, or RV’s is not allowed. An occupant (or guest) list must be provided on your rental agreement, including name, age, and number of nights each person will be staying at the property.
- Pets are NOT allowed in the home. .
- Parties found with pets without prior approval will be asked to leave immediately without refund and will pay a $1000USD cleaning fee that will be charged to the card on file. Any other pet damage will be charged back to renters. The Damage Waiver does not cover any pet-related damage.
Reservation Hold Payment
- A reservation hold payment of 50% of your reservation (before taxes and fees) is due at time of booking. If not receive, your reservation is subject to cancelation.
- Reservations will not be considered confirmed until Blue Parrot Beach House has received the reservation hold payment and signed rental agreement. Once the reservation hold payment is received, whether or not the rental agreement has been completed, the regular cancelation policy applies.
- The balance of your payment is due no less than 30 days before arrival. 30 days prior to your arrival Blue Parrot Beach House will automatically charge the balance due to the credit card on file that was used for your reservation hold payment. If we do not receive the balance by the 30 days prior to arrival deadline, your reservation is subject to cancelation. If your reservation is booked within 30 days before arrival, the full balance will be due upon booking. The balance for a stay 21 days or longer will be due 60 days prior to arrival the arrival date.
- If you prefer to have the balance due charged to a different card, you must call us prior to your balance due date at 1877 601 1115 to make alternative arrangements. If a request to use an alternate credit card is made after your balance due date and we have charged the credit card on file, a 10% service fee will be added to your balance due to cover reprocessing fees. No exceptions.
- If you reduce your number of guests your reservation within the 30 days before arrival, thereby reducing the extra person fees, we will not provide a refund for these fees upon.
CANCELLATION/TRANSFER POLICY (for stays 20 days or less)*
- Cancellations due to weather will receive no refunds or rebates.
- If you need to cancel your reservation for any reason, notify us as soon as possible. If you notify our office of cancellation more than 30 days prior to scheduled arrival, all monies, less the service fee, will be returned by check or credit card.
- If you cancel your reservation within 30 days of your scheduled arrival, we will make every effort to re-rent the property. If the property is re-rented for the same period of time, you will receive the above-mentioned refund. If only part of your reservation is re-rented, we will refund monies for each night booked – less the service fee and less 10% of the rent paid. If we are unable to re-rent the property, any advance payment will be forfeited.
*For stays 21 days or longer the cancelation time frame is 60 days before arrival.
KEYS / CHECK-IN
- Access to the property will be provided by the property manager. Each unit have a private entrance with a lock box. Guests will be provided with an access code to the applicable lock box to be able to let themselves in, in case the property manager is not available or in case the guests get delayed upon arrival. There is a $225 charge for keys not returned.
- I Sittee River Rd, Hopkins, Belize, Central America
- A lockout consists of when a guest locks themselves out of a property and needs assistance from our staff to re-enter. A minimum of a $50 fee will be charged for all lockouts outside of business hours.
- Every effort is made to keep each property and its equipment in good working order, but just like with your own home, failures do occur. Please notify our rental agents of any maintenance problems or difficulty you experience during your stay as soon as possible so repairs can be scheduled. If our office is closed you may always reach staff on the emergency phone.
- Please remember NO REFUNDS/REBATES will be given for mechanical failures. However, if there are failures to necessary systems (such as water, hot water, heat, or septic system) that cannot be resolved in a timely manner, we will make every effort to provide alternative accommodations or compensation. We appreciate your understanding.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of our homes. If smoking outside, be aware of fire danger. Do not smoke directly in front of open windows or allow smoke to blow inside. Please use an ash can and properly dispose of all cigarette butts from property upon departure. You will be charged for clean-up if excessive cigarette butts are found outside. Parties found smoking in the home will be asked to leave immediately without refund and will pay any associated cleaning costs.
- No fires are allowed on the property. Damage caused by careless fires will be guests' responsibility.
- In most areas, small fires on the beach are permitted. Please use designated fire pit only or create a 3’x3’ fire pit on the beach. Do not use indoor fireplace wood for campfires. Campfire wood is sold in Cascade Vacation Rentals’ parking lot, at most gas stations, and at many roadside spots. Please make note of seasonal fire bans and follow any restrictions. Fully extinguish the fire and use at your own risk! The Game Warden and Sheriff's Office will issue a $150 ticket for fires left unattended or that are not completely extinguished. If a wildfire starts or structures are damaged as a result of your fire, you are also responsible for any fire suppression costs.
HOUSE PARTIES/QUIET HOURS
- All of our homes are privately owned and our management contract with the owners prohibits house parties. Any guests abusing this policy will be asked to leave immediately with no refund and an additional $250 will be added to the rental fee. In general, neighbors are not tolerant of noise after 10:00 pm. Please make sure that, after this hour, music and voices are not audible outside of your rental.
PRIVACY AND TRESPASSING
- Beaches in Belize are both private and public. The beach and all equipment within 66 feet from the house, belongs to Blue Parrot Beach House and for the expressed use of our guests ONLY. The beach/ocean beyond 66 ft from the house, is public property. Docks in Belize is located on public property. Any person has access to any dock, unless used by the dock owner.
USE OF BLUE PARROT RECREATIONAL PROPERTY
- Blue Parrot Beach House provide complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks for the exclusive use of our guests. Loss of equipment will be charged to the guests on a case to case basis. Please report lost or breakage to avoid a $200 USD penalty on unreported loss or breakage.
- Discharging weapons of any kind, igniting fireworks, lewd or offensive behavior, destructive abuse of home or landscape, terrorizing wildlife, and disrespectful treatment of rental agents is not allowed. Violators are subject to immediate termination of rental and dismissal without refund. Any damage will be charged back to renter.
- Daily housekeeping are provided. Guests do not have access to laundry. If you require laundry services, please contact the property manager. The house are cleaned and inspected after check-out.
- Sand flies, can be a real annoyance in Belize. They will leave red bite/ sting marks on arms and legs. This is not bed bug or lice. We do spray for bugs/ mosquitoes on a regular basis but it is impossible to prevent all bugs.
- Our homes are not generally equipped with irons, ironing boards, or hair dryers. Please bring your own.
- Our home are on a septic system and use water drawn from a well. Please let us know if any toilets are running or faucets are dripping. Do not flush any items except bath tissue and appropriate organic material. Please do not overuse the water supply. You are responsible for costs incurred from abuse or negligence. There is a possibility that water supply can be limited in the case of a power outage.
- PLEASE DO NOT FLUSH FEMININE PRODUCT DOWN THE TOILET.
- Renters are responsible for any damages or theft. You may be charged for such things as abuse, damage above normal wear and tear, garbage left at home, pet damage, theft, long-distance telephone charges and extra cleaning costs.
- Damage not reported to Blue Parrot Beach House, will be the responsability of the guests for all costs associated with unreported damage.
- When departing, please check for personal items. Left items that are found can be returned upon request, with a fee for retrieval, processing, and shipping. Unclaimed items will be disposed of 30 days after a guest’s departure date.
- Please do not rearrange furniture or other items at the home. You may not agree with the placement of items, however, this is the arrangement preferred by the owner. If you do move an item or piece of furniture, please return to its original location upon check-out. Our housekeepers work by themselves and are unable to move couches, mattresses, etc. back to their original location.
- In our rural area, weekly trash pick-up is sometimes not available. Your patients are appreciated.
PLEASE BE AWARE
Belize is a beautiful country, but every paradise has its snakes! Hiking, swimming, kayaking, etc. are done at your own risk. Please use caution and common sense when outdoors. Be aware of unsafe terrain (loose and slippery rocks, dead trees, fast rivers) and use good judgment. Keep a close eye on children, especially around water and near cliffs or rocky places. Always use life jackets when using water "toys". We want everyone to have a safe and healthy vacation!
TELEPHONES, TELEVISIONS, INTERNET AND OTHER AMENITIES
- Every effort is made to ensure that the information on our websites is as accurate as possible. We are not responsible for incorrect assumptions regarding cell phone coverage, internet access, TV service, etc. Please keep in mind that the internet speeds in Hopkins can be slower than you may be accustomed to and sometimes unreliables. Television/internet repair people might have to travel up to 50 miles or more to reach the rental home. Depending on the extent of the repairs, it might take several days to schedule a service appointment. We will make every effort to remedy the situation as soon as possible.
- The guest agrees to indemnify and save individual homeowner, Blue Parrot Beach House and its employees, free and harmless for any liabilities or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from, related to, or in connection with the rental of the premises. This includes, but is not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or loss of property, which is made, incurred or sustained, by guest or guest of a guest, or any occupants of the premise.
We understand that when you provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. We believe this information should only be used to help us provide you with better service. That's why we have put a policy in place to protect your personal information. Below is a summary of our policy. Securing your privacy
AtBlue Parrot Beach House. we know that you have concerns about how your personal information is shared. We take your privacy concerns very seriously and are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure at all times. We will only share your personally identifiable information in the following ways. The personal information you provide will only be shared with the appropriate third parties necessary to complete your purchases. This includes the vendors we have selected (e.g., third-party insurance companies,) as well as the third parties facilitating the transactions (e.g., credit card authorization companies). The personal information we provide these third parties will ONLY be that which is necessary to ensure your travel arrangements are successfully confirmed and executed.
We will protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information. We have implemented appropriate technical and managerial procedures to maintain information that is accurate, current, and complete. We will make a sincere effort to respond to your requests to correct personal information inaccuracies in a timely manner.
We will take appropriate steps to protect your privacy. Whenever you provide sensitive information (for example, a credit card number to make a purchase), we will take reasonable steps to protect it, such as encrypting your card number. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information in storage. Credit card numbers are used only for payment processing and are not retained for marketing purposes.
Our website contains links to third party sites. Since we do not control those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites.
We will also disclose personal information when required by law, in response to any demand by law enforcement or other appropriate government authorities, or if the personal information is pertinent in a legal proceeding or court action.
By submitting an inquiry to our website or reservation staff, or renting one of our properties, you will automatically be included in our weekly email notification of last minute specials as well as notice of any of our vacation properties that may be for sale. You may unsubscribe from these notifications electronically at any time, or by calling our office during regular business hours.
Blue Parrot beach house welcomes comments and questions on this policy. We are dedicated to protecting your personal information, and will make every reasonable effort to keep that information secure.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org